Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Chance To Shake Hands With Dr. Mahathir :)


I received an email earlier today, and it wrote-

Hi Bazil,

How are you? I hope you're doing well.

First of all, Congratulations for winning the Consolation Prize in our Essay Competition 2010! 

Attached is the letter by my General Manager, Puan Zarina Abu Bakar as well as an invitation card to the Prizegiving Ceremony which will be held on 4th May 2011.

Once again, Congratulations! See you soon!


I was seriously very surprised when I received this email because I wasn't expecting I could won anything, or at least, something from this competition.

I remembered when my english lecturer told us to take this competition as your assignment to improve your english, and if you win it, then its a bonus-

A bonus, it really is!

Although the consolation prize ain't that spectacular compared to the 3rd, 2nd, 1st or grand prize, but during the prize giving ceremony I would have the chance the shake hands with our former prime minister,

Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad.

Now thats an oppurtunity and prize of a lifetime! :P

P:S// Goddamnit I have my final exam on 3rd May! And the prize giving ceremony is on the 4th! (Btw, major thanks to my english lecturer, Miss Norhayati for the guidance!!!)

3 comments:

Anis Nabila Tarmidi said...

Bazil..really?? well congrats..i envy u...i hope someday i will meet Tun Mahathir...he's my idol..wahhhhhhhh...Jealous jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!

jfook said...

Congrats yo!!!

Fazrul Ikraam said...

you know what, masa aku form 3, zaman2 sekolah dulu, slalu join essay competition and pelbagai semata2 nak dapat duit at least rm100 or merchandise from disney channel or anything, and aku pernah dapat consolation prize for Measat 3 Drawing and Essay Competition and aku dpt invitation card g KLCC tgk pelancaran Measat 3. tapi sayangnya, ada hal family and i missed that launching and prizegiving ceremony. ouh, sayangnya. tapi, puas bila buat something yang dapat beri kepuasan tak terkata.

enjoy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...