Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sheffield 1.81

I've promised my readers that I would show you guys my room and around my flat here in Sheffield and today I cleaned everything- cupboards, trash cans, bed and toilet. Since it's clean, here's a few pictures of my room. Not really that tidy though, but really comfy.




Im not going to show you my toilet since i've just finished washing up a few of my clothes..so apparently my boxers are still hanging around in there. Lol.

Here's some few pictures of the kitchen and lounge during my early months in Sheffield.



So anyways, it's almost 2 months now staying in Sheffield and to be honest, I really do miss Malaysia a lot. Well i'm pretty sure a lot of other Malaysian students who's studying abroad are missing Malaysia as well, right?

Nothing feels like home, really.

The weather here is getting colder and colder each day. I've never experience such cold weather before and yeah, winter kinda sucks though..ITS TOO COLD!! Probably the best part of winter is snow..but it's not snowing yet in Sheffield and i'm hoping to make myself a snowman with a penis once snow starts pouring down in Sheffield.


I mean, you go to class in the morning at 9am, and at 4pm, it's total darkness. I wonder how's Summer though. Probably during Summer i'll write another post saying Summer sucks. Hahah.

Im just kidding.


So, everyweek in Sheffield, I do the same stuffs almost everyday. Going to class, lectures, tutorials, study, cook, eat at popeyes and crowns pizza and that occasional football 5 or 7 a side at All Saints. I wanted to travel around but at this moment money is really an obstacle since the rent for staying in halls is bloody expensive. Maybe i'm only going to London this winter break.


Somehow I do still think that I should hang around more with my flatmates and have fun with them. But sometimes i'm not really sure myself what to do, talk and say with/to them. It takes time to settle down here though. Not sure if im settled down yet. Probably yes, probably not.

Neverthless, I love them. =P (They've decorated the kitchen with a Christmas tree and pardon about the mess)


One thing I found outstanding here in UK is their online shopping experience. It's really damn good. Lots of choices, lots of discounts and no hassle or whatsoever. Me and my friends bought two bicycles recently and both of them were kinda faulty so we called them to get an exchange and they sent a courier for us to pick the bicycle up. Luck was not really on our side regarding about the bike but if you're in Malaysia, hell's break loose if you get a faulty bicycle. I doubt they'll send a courier over to get the bicycle fixed or an exchange.


"Basikal rosak? Ahhh..sorry. There's nothing we can do about it though,"

There was once, when I bought a guitar hero bundle and got the receiver missing, and they gave me a partial refund (10 pounds), so that I could buy the receiver myself, but instead I got it free from Activision! How cool is that?


They really care about their customers. That bit, Malaysia has to really improve on.

Still, I miss Malaysia.

Nak baliklah..makan Laksa Sarawak!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...