Sunday, October 23, 2011

Liverpool!

I know i've should done this post a week ago, but yeah, i'm lazy and I always procrastinate, so what the heck.

Last week, I went to Liverpool with my friends, in occasion to "enjoy" the atmosphere of the stadium when Manchester United came to Anfield for a BPL match.


Our trip started very early, as we walked from Sheffield to the bust station as early as 8a.m. The bus would be leaving at 9a.m and the estimated time of arrival at Liverpool was 11.40a.m.

During the bus trip I saw a lot of hills, water flowing from the rivers and some sheep, cows and goats munching on some grass. It was quite an unbelievable sight though, since it was the scene was so beautiful and mesmerizing.


Once we arrived at Liverpool, we took the taxi from the coach station to Anfield and it costs around 6 pounds. At Anfield, the atmosphere was really sick! I see everyone walking, with their Liverpool jerseys everywhere and I was like-

"Whoa..I'm at Anfield, I am really at Anfield!"


Everyone was singing, shouting and sadly enough, I can't enter into Anfield to watch the match since I don't have any tickets. Speaking of tickets, there were some people offering us some tickets but the price was sooo fucking expensive- 200 pounds!!


The normal ticket price was 48 pounds and there were a few people asking us too, wether if we have any tickets but we told them there were some "people" who were selling at 200 pounds and they tell us-

"I dont give a damn. As long as I can enter the stadium, then it's 200 pounds money well spent"

Oh well.


Me and my friends decided to watch the game inside the bar, just opposite of the stadium. The bar was fully packed of people and there's this bodyguard infront of the bar keeps on reminding us-

"Don't just stand there and watch the game; BUY SOME DRINKS!"

Feeling kinda scared that they would throw us out, we bought some cola's and for every miss, there's a loud sigh and when Gerrard scored the goal from the free kick, everyone was jumping around and screaming. After the goal, a few Liverpool songs and chants were heard but when Hernandez scored that fucking goal close range at the dying minutes, everyone went silent and in all of a sudden-



"FUCK THIS SHIT. FUCK THIS SHIT. FUCK THIS MAN UNITED SCUM"

And everyone continues to swear, curse and yell every nasty word they could think off.

After the game, me and my friends went to the scarfs shop to buy some Liverpool scarfs. It was 5 pounds each and we bought a lot of them. The shop owner was nice enough to give us some free gifts too.


That was when, disaster came. Me and my friends wanted to go to the city of Liverpool to tour a bit and visit the Legendary Beatles Museum but little do we know that there were no taxi's and buses near Anfield after the match. We tried to call the taxi but they told us that the taxis were sold out?! WTF? SOld out?! We had to wait for the bus nearly for two hours and we arrived at the city at 4.30p.m, in which our bus back to Sheffield was due at 6p.m. Shit.

The only place we managed to visit was the Liverpool city centre and visited the Liverpool's Sport Direct shop where I bought a pair of gloves. During the trip back to Sheffield we transited at Leeds for an hour and managed to grab a few pictures.


I asked a friend of mine, "Hey, what do you think of this trip overall?"

"Disaster. A fucking disaster. It wouldn't be a fucking disaster if Liverpool won."


Yeah, I thought, if only there was a taxi after the match, we could've visited the museum, waterfront and even ride Liverpool's eye.

I wouldn't mind at all, if the score was 1-0 or 3-0 instead of 1-1 the other day.

Will visit Liverpool again next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...